Friday, November 11, 2011

Not Fancy Enough For McDonald's But Too Fancy For Vino's.....An Adventure Into Obesity (vol. 1)

Was your dream to have some sort of heart problems by the age of 30? Do you like honey, mayonnaise, and Polynesian sauce combined into one heart clogging dip? Then this post is for you.

This past Wednesday, I was forced to try a certain food that I have was proud to have never eaten in my 28 years of existence. That particular food was the McRib at the nicest McDonald's that I have ever been to in my life.

Before I start the journey into the infinite abyss of heart damaging foods with my food expert, The Condiment Kid aka MCF, let me describe the McDonald's Restaurant to you. The fast food dining room did not resemble anything like a fast food restaurant at all. The place resembled more of a dining area you would find in a corporate office building or a wireless cafe. The customers in the McDonald's were dressed more sophisticated as well.

Since I was coming straight from work, I thought it would be a good idea to just put a jacket over my dress shirt and tie and change into jeans and some good ole fashion boat shoes. I should have stayed in my work clothes.

The customers looked like they were about to go to an extremely important meeting or job interview. Every time I see a McDonald's commercial and everyone is dressed all fancy like, I always think to myself "Who dresses like that for a fast food restaurant". A couple people were even having a business meeting there and showing off the blueprints and PowerPoint presentations.

Anyway, as The Condiment Kid and I approached the counter and ordered 1 McRib for the both us, I knew I was floating in uncharted territories. I was scared.

As I took the first bit into the god awful looking excuse for a BBQ sandwich, a tear slowly came from my eye. Not out of disgust, but because it tasted delicious. I started to regret making fun of all the McRib Followers who would travel from town to town in order to taste that limited time sandwich. Actually, I will still make fun of those people because they have no life, but I will admit it was one damn tasty sandwich.

Everything about the McRib was awesome. The fake beef made to look like a slab of ribs with BBQ sauce, pickles, and onions going all over the place made it seem like a party in my mouth and everyone was invited. It is a shame it only occurs once a year.

After the McDonald's McRib conversion, it was time to go to Chick-Fila and enjoy some Honeynesiannaise.

No comments: