Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Competing Hospital at its Best

It’s hard to imagine why a hospital would implant a Garmin in a patient during tonsil and sinus surgery, but such is the claim made by Michael Woolman of Lincoln, Nebraska. Perhaps it’s as simple as not wanting to lose track of him during a clinical trial? Let’s look at Woolman’s legal filing to get the heart of the matter.

Woolman says he was admitted to Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas for tonsil and sinus surgery. But during his post-op recovery, he claims to have found a bloody wound in his armpit. As he explained in his self-filed legal paperwork:

I was in ,”The Room after ,surgery& I needed ,to go to the bathroom .
I got up and a nurse assisted me to ,the bathroom.
I was going to the bathroom and , I finished.
All a sudden ,My cloth started falling off, I tried to pull ,my cloths up and ,,
My arm pit was bloody, Well I thought nothing of it, at the time.
Well , I came in for a since & noise surgery,? Why is my arm pit bloody ??????
Now after ,knowing ,what Bryan LGH was doing IS
Trying a new way to track people,
By inserting a GPS Device in people, Illegally.

You have to admit: That does sound fishy. You can see Woolman’s entire complaint here.

So far, Baylor hasn’t responded to the suit publicly.

For his part, we think Woolman is overlooking the fact that it’s an overall benefit to have built-in GPS. For starters, there’s no chance he’ll get lost on the long drive back to Lincoln

No comments: