Saturday, August 20, 2011

10 YEARS!!

This past Saturday, I attended my 10 year high school reunion at a little bar called Froggy's Boathouse in Fort Worth.

To be honest, I really didn't have high expectations at all. I checked out Froggy's Boathouse from facebook and other sites with comments on them and none of them looked appealing at all. Plus it was no where near a lake or any other body of water.

At first there was not a lot of people there at all. Probably because I showed up right when the event was suppose to start, but there was light at the end of the tunnel. At that light was located at the bar.

When I picked up my name tag, I was informed that our group already had a prepaid bill to the amount of $800. Since the drinks were cheap anyway ($1 beers and $3 wells), I was kind of glad that not a lot of people were there at first.

After about 20 to 30 minutes into the event, a ton of people started to show up. The place quickly got crowded with all types of people that I haven seen since high school and some people that I haven't seen since the night before at a happy hour event.

More people showed up than expected our reunion quickly became 97% of the the customers that night. So many people showed up that we took over part of the volleyball court with people just standing around and talking to each other.

Although we had the bar rented from 6 to 10, the public could still come in and that was taking up room that we desperately needed. Since we already hit the $800 mark and had less then 20 minutes left at Froggy's, we decided that a change of venue would be the best idea.

A couple of blocks over and 10 minutes later, the Martin High School Class of 2001 decided to take over a watering hole named The Capital Bar. This was a probably one of the better choices the was made through out the night.

The Capital Bar was large enough not only to hold our entire group, but had plenty of space to hold to people who were just coming in for a random drink that night. Another plus was the stage out in back where a decent college alt-rock band did a quasi good job with playing a music.

After several hours at The Capital Bar, it was time to call it a night and head come (by way of a dd of course). It was pretty good time and I am actually suprised that no one repeated or attempt to renact any of these lines/scenes from Grosse Point Blank.

No comments: