Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Goods with Jeremy Piven

Me with Jeremy Piven at the screening of his new movie I hang out with movie stars. Its what I do now. This is how I start all of my job resumes. I just write down, "Hey, I hang out with movie starts, if you want to hang out with the same people that I do, you better give me the job that I want now".

Actually, I just went to screening of a free movie staring Jeremy Piven from Entourage where he did a q and a after the movie.

"The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard" is probably one of the funniest movies that I have seen this summer. It is about a group of car salesman who car themselves "the car mercenaries" who can sell any car lot and any time.

We got to the theatre extremely early just to ensure not only good seats, but just to get and see the movie.

Jeremy Piven was scheduled to make a red carpet entrance and 6:30 p.m. and the movie was to begin at 7 p.m. sharp. So we should up around 2 p.m. and I am glade that we did because employees of the movie theatre said that people started to get in line at 11 a.m. Now I am a fan of movies and would like to meet the stars of that movie, but I don't think that I could stay all day somewhere just to have a chance to meet someone famous by myself.

While we waited, the theatre management set up the part of the parking lot to resemble a used car lot in order to promote the movie. It also just happened to be Jeremy Piven's birthday, so they made a bday cake for him along with some signs to go along with it.

The event was supposed to start at 6:30 with Piven making a red carpet entrance. He was only about 15 minutes late due to traffic, but he showed up and stood around so people could take pictures and maybe get an autograph from him.

We saw him outside for about 10 minutes when the theatre started to let people into the movie theatre to get seats for the big events. Now, this is not my first rodeo at a movie screening, I have actually been to a couple before where a celebrity is know to do a q and a afterwards. So I knew that I wanted to see sit as close to the middle and to the screen as possible just because that is where the celebrity is gong to be. Its not rocket science, its just common sense.

As people were claiming there seats, a lady named Nancy started to prepare for the q and a since she was going to be moderating tonight's event. She was pretty cool, we talked to her and made ourselves know that we are huge Jeremy Piven Fans. She said that if we cheered for her when she was announced, she would let at least one of us ask a question immediately. And that is what we did.

Both Nancy and Jeremy Piven were announced and the two made a quick intro for the film which you can find at the bottom of this entry (that's what she said). The movie was then quickly started and it was awesome. When the movie ended, Jeremy came back out and did about a 12 minute Q and A with the audience. Boj and I were both able to ask questions and he did a great job at being honest with everything.

Little did people know, Jeremy Piven was not the only celebrity in attendance that night. Tony Romo, quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, was also there along with Miles Austin. Apparently Tony and Jeremy are great friends.

When the Q and A ended, Jeremy signed some autographs and took pictures with people and quickly left. I was stoked because I was able to get both. Overall, it was a great movie and Jeremy Piven was a really nice guy. When some one asked them a question, he would look directly at the person and answer the majority of the question to that person while trying to involve the rest of the audience as well.

Below you will be able to find the introduction to the film:

No comments: