Sunday, July 12, 2009

Dollar Day and Eddie Money

It was "Dollar Day" at the Lonestar Race Track this past Saturday in Grand Prairie. That means that parking, admission, hot dogs, popcorn, sodas, and beer were a dollar all day. Paul, Katie, Austin, and I went to this once a year event early in the day.

I am not much of a gambler and I also do not know how to bet on a horse with all of the information that they are throwing at a person on the the TVs around. Paul had to show me what to do and what to look for in a horse.

I looked over all of the information and put some money on a horse and won big baby. That is right, Kevin became a winner. I won a grand total of 1 dollar and 50 cents. After this huge win of mine, I decided not to gamble anymore because I did not want my luck to run out.

The group of us were there from the 2nd race, which was about 1:30, until the last race at 6 p.m. I came out ahead by a dollar fifty, Austin was down by 22 bucks, and Paul and Katie were up by 11 dollars.

After several extremely hot hours in the sun, we decided to call it a day and head back to Katie and Paul's for some food and something called a cold tub.

The four us bought 100 pounds of ice and filled up P and K's hot tub into a cool paradise away from the heat. Surprisingly, the water stayed extremely cold for the rest of the day. We stayed in there for awhile and made a beer tree with all of the empty beer cans that we had. After we cooked out and dried off from the cool tub, the group of us got ready and went to Billy Bob's to see Eddie Money in concert there.

Eddie Money is probably mostly known for his two songs called "Two Tickets to Paradise" and "Take Me Home Tonight". He was a big time singer in the late 70s and 80s. It turned out to be an awesome show. He played for an hour and a half with everyone in the crowd singing along to every song that he and his band played.

After the show, we hung out with some people that we had meet from the show and just drank and dance with them. Some of the people were from a bachelorette party and the other were just a big group of friends there to hang out and see the show as well.

We left Billy Bob's around 1 and just stayed and P and K's place for the night. If Eddie Money ever comes back in town, I will definitely do my best to see him again.

No comments: