Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Texas Frightmare Weekend 09

Alice Cooper and I at TFW 2009 This past weekend, I attended an event called "Texas Frightmare Weekend". It is an event that is completely devoted to all different types of horror/scary movies.

I got to meet tons of people at this even. My friend Jon and I got to meet the one and only Alice Cooper. He has to be one of the nicest and polite person I have ever met. I do think he may get a bad reputation just because people judge him solely on his music of the type of shows that he presents.

I was able to talk to Alice Cooper about golf (I only told him the stuff that I have heard from my friends) and said he really wanted to go but wouldn't have enough time to do so this weekend.

Some of the other people I got to meet where Corbin Bernsen ( Roger Dorn of Major League, and the main villain in the Dentist), Jason Mewes (Jay from Jay and Silent Bob), Fairuza Balk (American History X, The Craft, and Almost Famous), William Forsythe (from the Rock and the Devil's Rejects), and many others as well.

Some of the coolest people I got to meet was Johnathon Schaech (evil guy from Prom Night and the Lead singer from That Thing You Do) and Jana Kramer (from the new 90210). Wade, Darrell, Jon and I ran into them during the weekend and we got some autographs and pictures as well. Then that is when that fun started.

The four of us, after meeting Alice Cooper and the other celebrities, went to the hotel bar to get a few drinks. Johnathon Schaech and Jana Kramer came into the bar to get some drinks and they started to talk to us. They seemed really cool and Johnathon seemed to really like to drink. I would like to drink too if I was in the lead singer in That Thing You Do and everyone else's career turns out great and successful and I was stuck making some shitty movies that nobody will see even as a form of torture.

We ended up drinking with them for some time and then Derek Mears (The new Jason from Friday the 13th) shows up because he was there with Alice Cooper. He ordered us some shots and then a bunch of us went up and hang out in one of their rooms. Jana (the girl from 90210 and apparently Johnathon Schaech's girlfriend) seemed to become really annoyed due to the fact that Johnathon would rather drink and hang out with people instead of wanting to be with her. To be honest, I do not blame him because she quickly became annoying as hell as she was trying to tell people she was the best out there and how people were treating her poorly because her character didn't survive the movie "Prom Night". I think people were making fun of her because "Prom Night" sucked ass.

At about 4 in the morning, everyone decided to call it a night and we all went our separate ways. It was a pretty good time and not much was spent at the bar, so that was a major plus. I will try and put up the pictures on my photo site soon so you can see all of the shenanigans that occurred that fateful day.

No comments: