Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Swine Flu

Everyone is scared about this swine flu. To be honest, I am a little pissed off about it because, since I work at a hospital, I now have to take tons of precautions that go way beyond normal everyday precautions. Some people want us to wear masks wherever we go while other thinks that we should quarantine anyone who may have any symptom of the flu at all. I think that is just retarded.

Also, my cousin is set to get married in Cancun later in the month of May and the airline they chose to fly on, Continental Airlines, refuses to fly to or from Mexico now. So hopefully they can find other arrangements without paying an obscene amount of money to do so. Unfortunately, I had to cancel my trio altogether not only because of the flu epidemic, but also the price jumped up by 700 bucks. The good news, is that I got a refund and I will also receive a voucher for my airline ticket that can not be used.

I do know that it is somewhat serious because there have been some deaths in America due to the swine flu. So everyone just need to take precautions that you learned in the 1st grade like wash your hands and cover your mouth when you cough.

I also read that a hand sanitizer company in Missouri does about 2 thousand dollars worth of business a week prior to the sudden flu outbreak. Now, that same company makes about 30 thousand dollars because of the sudden and overwhelming demand of that particular product. I just wish I bought some stock before all this happen so I could be filthy rich.

No comments: