Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Wrestler

The Official Wrestler Poster Last night, a group of friends and I went to a free screening of the movie "The Wrestler". The movie was directed by Darren Aronofsky and starred Mickey Rourke and Marisa Tomei. This was probably one of the best movies I have seen in awhile.

To be honest, I am not a wrestling fan and I do not know much about the "sport". The movie is basically about a washed up has been who is trying to be the best like he use to be. That is all I want to say about the description because I don't want to give too much away. I went in to the movie obviously knowing that is about a wrestler, but I did not think it was going to be any where as near as good as it actually was.

After the movie, there was a short Q&A with the director and Academy Award Winner Marisa Tomei. The group that I saw the movie with wanted to see the movie in the very front row because we knew of the Q&A and we would have the best seat for that.

Now, before we all met up for the movie. I knew that I wanted to get Marisa Tomei's attention, but I didn't know exactly how I should go about doing that. Then it hit me like a bolt of lighting. I did what almost anyone would do if they were in my situation. I made a hat that proclaimed that I was absolutely nuts about her. And it worked like a champ.

While the moderator was beginning the Q&A, Ms. Tomei was glancing around the area and i guess just making sure that there were no real nut jobs in the place ready to stalk the hell out of her. This is the precise moment that she looked at me and my hat. She was officially wrangled.

She started to laugh a little and i pointed at my hat just to make sure that this is what made her laugh. And it was. At the end of the Q&A, she only signed a few autographs and I was one of them. She said that she liked my hat because it was a great way to get her attention. I also got to meet the Director of the movie and he seemed like a really cool guy. I always knew that I would one day hang out with an Academy Award Winning Actress and it was spectacular.

No comments: