Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Beta Formal 2008

Instead of watching Texas Tech get bitch slapped by OU on Saturday, I went to my fraternity version of prom. The main difference is the we not only allow drinking, but we promote and highly recommend it.

My date, Cristina, and I had a pretty good. We sat with Ogle and his wife along with a few other couples and a couple of dateless guys. One was dateless because his girlfriend was out of town, the other was dateless because he has never had a date before.

We ate some good food and then the dancing started. Now I am now stranger to the dance floor, but apparently the good people at the Sheraton Hotel frown upon people in an altered state getting on top of the dinner tables and dancing. Then the party really began.

Everyone moved to the hotel lobby after we were "asked" to leave the two rooms that people had rented for the night due to noise complaints and people stealing the room numbers. We were in the lobby until 5 am, when we all decided to go to IHOP. I never had a meal that tasted so good before. And that was basically the night with some minor details that I had to leave out just because my mom might read this.

No comments: