Sunday, September 13, 2009


I don't listen to country music that much at all. I would say that I listen to country music when I am absolutely forced to, unless it is Taylor Swift but I never considered her to be county in the first place.

With that said, I went to a country music festival. It was an all day event but there was no way I can endure so much pain at for that length of time. The only reason I went to this concert was to see the Wallflowers.

The Wallflowers were a popular group in the 90s. They had a couple of good songs that I liked, but it I only saw them live once and I was really late to that concert so I only got to see part of their set which bummed me out.

The band went on at 8 and played for about an hour and a half. They played all of their big hits with the exception of "Heroes", which I am pretty sure is a David Bowie song anyway. I had a really good time during there set and song along with almost of the songs.

After their set, Austin, Sara, Susie and her friends met up at the Jack Daniel tent so they could get their drink on. As we are in the tent, the Jack Daniel reps were giving out free bandannas, stickers, and if you answered a question correctly, you would win a three foot tall statue of the Jack Daniel himself. Of course, we are up for any trivia contest.

The question was how did Jack Daniel die, well according to our trusty, reliable source known as wikipedia, he did of a toe infection that later became blood poisoning and then he bit the dust.

We were one of the first people to answer the question correctly so we won the statue. People were asking to take pictures with him and look at it as well. This one when drunk cowboy guy came up to me and offered to buy. He thought that if he had the statue, he would be this awesome guy that girls would want to be with and guys would want to be him. Obviously, this was not the case. Drunk cowboy guy gave me 30 bucks for a cheap statue that is probably worth only 5 bucks at best.

After this quick exchange, we saw Cross Canadian Ragweed for a little bit and then decided to get more drinks. Now, were gone for about at good 45 minutes and we saw the statue that drunk cowboy guy bought was just by itself, so we took it again.

One thing that I have to mention is that I did not fit into this crowd at all. Everyone was wearing their cowboy boots, wranglers, starched as hell shirts and cowboy hats. I, on the other hand, decided to rock out my plaid shorts, Adidas shoes, and a polo shirt. It was just weird.

After the concert, the group of us decided to be more country be going to Billy Bob's. With a title like that, you know it is a country bar and this bar even has its own indoor bull riding arena. With a couple of rounds of drinks there, it was time to call it a night because everyone was exhausted of the hoot n nannying all over the place. I am just glade that I ended up making money at the concert, so there is a chance that I might attend next year.

No comments: