Sunday, September 27, 2009

BLINK 182

5 years after blink 182 broke up, the trio decided to get back together and do a reunion tour, and I was excited as a 13 year old girl.

Growing up, blink 182 was my favorite band. I would go to see them in concerts, read about them, and make my friends listen to them as well. My friends would always joke on how they don't remember getting in my car with out blink playing during some portion of the ride.

The only thing that I would complain about the show was the location of it. I hate the Superpages.com Center. It is hard to get to, parking sucks, beer was to expensive, and it just sucks. It would have been better if the show was at Nokia because every seat is awesome there and the acoustics sound badass. It would have also been a better show it was at the AAC because the parking there is fantastic. It took us way too long to get into the complex and even longer just to find a parking spot. But we finally made it to our seats and ready for the show.

Before blink went on, there were a couple of opening acts that I did not really care if I saw them or not. Asher Roth, All American Rejects, and Fall Out Boy were the opening acts.

Ogle and I were late so we missed the first 2 bands and saw half of the Fall Out Boy set. They were actually pretty good and I was even surprised at myself that I knew a bunch of their songs. There was about a 20 minute gap between Fall Out Boy and Blink 182, and the crowd was ready for them to come and take the stage.

Around 8:45, the house lights went off, the crowd started cheering, and blink took the stage. The group played 20 songs at it was awesome. Since it was a reunion tour, they played all of their biggest hits and then some really early stuff for all of the long time fans.

Just like all of their other shows that I have been to, the group would make dirty jokes and make fun of each other in between songs. They would even turn the house lights on and asked a random parent how they were enjoying the show or not.

Near the end of the show, Travis did do an awesome drum solo. His stage was lifted up in the air and it would move from one side of the stage to the other. Also, when the stage came back to the center, the center of the stage started to move like a spinner on a hubcap. The solo last about 6 minutes and it was pretty cool.

They ended the show with "Dammit" as they always do and everyone was jumping up and down while singing along to it. To check out the set list of the night, click here.

No comments: