Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dallas Comic Con

The morning after Matt's Dirty Thirty Birthday Bash, I had to get up extremely early and get into full nerd mood.

I attended the Dallas Comic Con, which I have done for several years now, to meet some celebrities and get some autographs. And this year did not disappoint me at all.

Some friends and I drove the 40 minute drive or so the newly constructed Las Colinas Convention Center to brave the lines of people who live to play Dungeons and Dragons and have still yet to kiss a real girl, or without paying for it at least.

This year, there were only 3 out of 50 guests that I wanted to meet. They were Leonard Nimoy, Stan Lee, and Carrie Fisher. Each of the 3 highly sought out guest were the number 1 choice for the majority of the people visiting the convention that day.

I got the chance to meet all 3 of them, along with get their autographs, in record time. It only took me a couple of hours and I had the rest of the day to look at crazy movie stuff the was placed all over the place.

I know this is going to sound morbid as hell, but another reason for wanting to meet Nimoy, Lee, and Fisher was that they aren't going to be around much longer which would make their autograph become much more valuable. I am thinking long term here people.

Give me a day or 15 and I will put the autographs up on my picture website.

No comments: