Friday, May 13, 2011

3rd Annual Shedfest

Parents, its 1 in the afternoon. Do you know where you child is? Well if they are like me, then they are at Shedfest!

Shedfest is the annual party/BBQ that Paul and Katie have been throwing for the past 3 years at their home. Everyone gets together and enjoy a keg or beer, tons of food, and some games as well. Thankfully, the weather was awesome this year and it didn't get that hot at all.

The party started at 1 in the afternoon of Saturday and quickly went into full steam. Katie made a several batches of Sangria while Paul was attempting to set up the keg and Mr Betik started the grill.

I had to leave the party at 4:30 so I could attend Ogle's son's christening and dinner at 5, but by 10 I was back at the party and it was insane. It was kind of funny when you leave some sort of event for a little bit and come back to find everyone in high spirits due to the beer and sangria.

Since the next day was Mother's Day, I did get home at a decent hour so I wouldn't be hungover or sick while hanging out with my mom. I am pretty sure that she would kill me if I ever showed up like that on Mother's Day.

Everyone seemed to have a great time at Shedfest again this year and plans are already underway for next year's event. It may turn into a weekend event with even more alcohol induced blackouts. Can't Wait.

No comments: