Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Texas Frightmare Weekend 2010

Where does one person go in order to meet B-movie stars and "has beens"? To Texas Frightmare weekend of course! And if you got that question wrong, that means you probably have some sort of life outside of a comic book store or a movie theatre.

Texas Frightmare Weekend is a Horror Movie Convention where people can purchase anything related to horror movies and met celebrities as well. The second year I went, I was able to met Alice Cooper, i was definitely not worthy, and got a picture and autograph of him.

I am personally not a hardcore fan of the horror genre, but it is fun to attend the convention. The main reason why i go is to obviously meet famous people, get their autograph, take a picture with them, and then tell everyone that I am close friends with them after saving one of their loved one's lives in a class 5 hurricane.

This year's convention was their 5th year anniversary, so they brought back some of the fan's favorite guests like Sid Haig (The Devils Rejects), Margot Kidder (Superman), and John Carpenter (Director of Halloween and The Fog).

When the convention portion closes, everyone (including the b-list celebrities) goes to the hotel bar and just hang out with each other. It is pretty fun to watch how some celebrities act when they have too much to drink.

Overall, it was fun but since I have met the majority of the people that have already met, I wasn't too excited about it this year. But it was fun, mainly because I am in their documentary about last years convention. So that is a count of 2 documentaries for me. Be jealous and start to ask for my autograph.

No comments: