Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dollar Day at the LoneStar Race Track

Even though it happens a couple times a year, Dollar Day at the Lone Star Race Track during the month of April is always the best. What is Dollar Day you ask? Well let me crack an egg full knowledge for you.


A couple of time a year, our local horse race track will have an event where almost everything costs only a dollar which includes admission, parking (if not free), sodas, popcorn, hot dogs, and beer.


April is obviously the best time to go because the weather is not hot as hell and the mix of stale beer and old hot dogs wont mess you up as quickly.

Now, I am not much of a gambler, but I did bet on one race. I chose my horse in a very specific way. I just pick the most unusual named for the horse and the jockey. This year, I went with a Mexican jockey and horse combo. They came in dead last and i lost 2 bucks.

I was really pissed about losing and this is what I did to the owner of the horse later that night. People should learn that I do not like to lose, even if it is only 2 dollars.

We stayed until the last race and I was done for the day. I only spent 20 bucks on beer and hot dogs and I was happy to leave.

I really don't know how the next part happened, but we ended up at a belly dancing showcase and ate dinner at a Lebanese Restaurant. When I asked what time it was, I could have sworn it was near 2 a.m. But it was only 9 p.m. I must become tired quickly in my old age because all I wanted to do was go to bed and sulk about my 2 dollar loss.

No comments: