Tuesday, May 11, 2010

2nd Annual ShedFest

It is the first full weekend of May and it only means one thing, time for Shed Fest. And Shed Fest is a time for grilling all types of food, kegs and coolers full of beer, home-made Sangria, and random games of washers and dominoes.

The origin behind the name of Shed Fest dates back a couple of years but it is so dirty and perverse that I really don't want to write about it on this. All I know is that if eVite says we can not make an invitation with our original idea with Shed Fest's true name, then I probably shouldn't write it on a public forum. Seriously, there is a good chance that I will either become President of the United States or a seedy underground company that is being profiled in any type of Bond movie and I don't want this to hurt my chances of reaching that goal. Plus my mom would be really pissed off at me.

The annual party was held and Paul and Katie's house again this year, mainly because he has a shed and no one could throw a Bench Fest (that party disbanded a few years ago). I got there an hour early to help set up (someone has to make sure the beer isn't poisonous).

It only took a couple of minutes to set up both of the grills, the keg, and the 2 canopy tents. Once that was completed, it was time to enjoy the party and wait for people to show up. It was also time to grill.

Since it is a BBQ, P and K had tons of hamburgers and hot dogs for the masses to eat. I made some pretty damn good pineapple shrimp on the grill as well. I don't want to beep my own horn, but beep beep, that shrimp was pretty damn awesome. I don't even know how many different types of desserts there were, but they were all equally great. I cant even remember the last time i had a rice crispy treat, but you have to have a margarita in order to fully enjoy them.

This year's Shed Fest seemed to be more family orientated because a vast number of our friends started to have kids. It seemed to be a playground for the little ones during the day and then quickly turned into an adult daycare at night.

The party did seem to take a break around 10:30 because everyone wanted to see the highly advertised SNL episode hosted by Betty White. It was actually a pretty good episode with tons of sexual innuendo, that is just the way I like my Betty White to be.

It soon became 2 am and the the party has been going on for a full 12 hours (minus the mandatory Betty White break, but it was worth it) and it was time for me to go. I had to be home at least by 5 am so I could get a couple of hours of sleep before all of the Mother's Day celebrations.

By far, the best thing I learned from this years Shed Fest was the Matt's way of drinking in only 3 easy steps. The are as the following: Step 1 drink 1 beer, Step 2 take a shot of tequila, Step 3 drink 2 glasses of water and repeat each step.

No comments: