Tuesday, March 31, 2009

St. Patty's Day: Part 2

This is the real St. Patty's Day. I spent the night at Gilligan's for their annual St. Patty's Day Patio Block Party with a group of friends like I every year. It is a tradition for our group of friends.

Basically, Gilligan's gets several big tents that have bars in them and they have live music indoors and outdoors as well. Since tons of people come to this event, the shut down the parking lot across and the street that separates the two from each other.

The evening also became a mini reunion of sorts for me. I ran into some old friends that I have not seen since high school and hung out with them for awhile. It was pretty cool, because even though we haven't seen each other in almost 10 years, we were in contact through facebook or myspace.

Now, I don't remember much of the evening because it happened two weeks ago and I am just now updating this blog. What I do remember was this group of kids that came out on the main stage and do an Irish dance for everyone. The kids were pretty good and one of them was the North American National Champion of Irish Dancing.

The night ended for me around 1 because this was the first St. Patty's Day where I had to work the next day. And that next day was horrible for me. I just sat at me computer all day and just tried my hardest to look busy and not get sick. Mission Accomplished!

No comments: