Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday The 13th

On Monday, I went and checked out the new and "improved" version of the Friday the 13th. I am not going to lie to you. This movie scared the hell out of me.

One thing that I found amusing in the movie was the fact that Jason had a bunch of undeground tunnels under the camp so he could move swiftly from one location to the other. I never knew that he was raised by the Viet Cong and they taught their tunnel digging ways to him during his version of summer camp.

I also liked how the movie kind of set him up to be just a real pissed off guy with some serious mommy issues, but then totally ripped off the orginial ending just so that they could make a franchise out of it. The movie is a pretty good time to waste a couple of hours and all the people that you know will die do in fact die in some pretty cool ways. The best part of the movie was the 20 minute opening sequence. That portion just showed how crazy and protective Jason is of his "land"

No comments: