Thursday, October 23, 2008

Taste of Arlington

Taste of Arlington = awesome drunk nightThis year was awesome for Taste of Arlington. For people who do not know what this event is, then you should be punched square in the jaw for what you are missing.

Basically, it is an event that gets all of the restaurants in the Arlington area and they give out free food, drinks, and coupons for more free food and drinks. Over 50 businesses were there this year to make sure everyone had too much to drink and eat.

Just like last year, Natalie and I went as an engaged couple who are looking for people to cater our "wedding". As we talked to a lady in line, she asked us when the wedding was. We told her we didn't know for sure just yet but it would most likely be in June. Now this is where stuff got weird. The lady we were talking to was obviously drunk out of her mind and she really wanted to get Natalie and I a gift for our wedding. We told her she didn't have to, but she followed us to our car as we were trying to evade this crazy lady. The crazy lady saw some lawn furniture that the hotel next was throwing out. So being in true crazy lady nature, she jumped in the worst dumpster in the world and got the furniture for us. This is when Natalie and I left and crazy drunk dumpster diving lady decided to take the furniture home for her own personal prize.

Also, Meagan, Ogle's wife, and Natalie convinced me to eat a whole jalapeno so I could win a free shirt. This was the worst idea ever for me. My mouth was on fire and Meagan told me to drink water, to which I then found out that water will make the burning sensation even worse. All Meagan did was laugh while Natalie tried to get me something with a lot of booze in it.

Overall, it was a damn good Taste of Arlington this year and I know not to trust Meagan ever again.

No comments: