Friday, February 4, 2011

Snowpocalypse 2: Snow's Revenge

Just when we thought it was over and Snowpocalypse has been defeated, this weathery bitch came back with a hard on for revenge.

After a horrible Monday Night and Tuesday Morning, things seemed to be slowly going back to normal. More people were going back to work on Wednesday and even more were going back on Thursday as well. But by the time Thursday came around, the villainous weather was about to change things for the worse.

Like every other Thursday, I meet up with some friends to play trivia at Fridays at 9. I showed up about 10 minutes early and the only weather change was that it seemed a little colder. The game usually lasts about 2 hours and we always sit in the bar section, which is never close to the windows at all.

Right before the game ended, one of the bartenders told us that it was starting to snow and the storm was about the begin. We really didn't think anything of it because my team and I were really focused on winning the game, which we lost 1st place by 3 points.

By the time that game officially ended it was around 11:15 and the snow was coming down pretty fierce. Ice has already taken over the majority of the parking lot and the visibility was becoming an all time low. Usually it will only take me about 20 minutes to get from Fridays to my house on a usual day. This time, I didn't make it home until a little after midnight.

On my way home, I saw a couple of cars use the highway as their own personal car version of a slip n slide. One thing I miss from Kansas is that the Kansas people know how to drive in this type of weather. Since Texas doesn't get snow like this too often, people go into a panic and drive like complete idiots and forget everything the learned from Driver's Ed.

The next morning was pretty awesome outside. Even though I couldn't go to work due to the ice, everything outside looked great. The snow covered almost everything in sight. And since I had another impromptu day off, it was time to get ready and check out the ESPN Stage and News Conference that was in Downtown Fort Worth for the Super Bowl.

No comments: