Saturday, March 20, 2010

Buddy: The Best Dog Of All Time

Usually this posts are nothing more than somewhat interesting stories that have occurred that I want to write down so I wont forget all of the things that I have done in different stages of my life. Nothing too serious and the writing is never going to be very professional or extremely thought provoking. But this post may be the closest that I have get to that type of writing.

On Thursday March 11, 2010, my beloved dog passed away. Buddy was a great dog and a part of the family.

We got Buddy as a puppy in the fall of 2001.Instead of studying for exams, I would play with him and watch him try to climb out stairs without any success at all.

At first, he was a handful. He would mark his territory all over the place (which also included peeing on friends when they came over to visit), chew up some of my DVDs, and he was notorious for digging through any trash can that he could.

I do believe that Buddy had a great life with us. He would play all of the time, get Christmas gifts, and howl at the top of his lungs when Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" started to play. He would also bark if growl if he saw another dog on TV, for some reason he hated to see dogs on TV.

At the end of his life, Buddy developed several tumors on his hind legs and was not able to walk as well as he could. He lost a lot of weight very quickly and had to have assistance eating and going to the bathroom.

I am very sad that he is no longer with us, but I know that he is not living in so much pain that I knew he was in. All I really know is that he truly was the greatest dog that anyone could ever have.

No comments: