Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day Massacre

Most people like to celebrate Valentine's Day by either going out for a nice romantic dinner or cooking in and showering your significant other with flowers and chocolates. I like to do the exact same thing, but I also like to throw in a haunted house in to the equation.

Valentine's Day actually started the night before for The Condiment Kid and I. After I got off of work, she surprised me with a great homemade dinner that consisted of fresh asparagus, applesauce, and the best lobster tail that I have ever had.

And that wasn't the end of it. Stephanie surprised me by setting up the dinner table like you would find one at a small romantic restaurant. She did a fantastic and wonderful job.

Later on in the night, we had some wine and then watched our guilty pleasure shows known as The Lying Game and Alcatraz.

The following night, which is Tuesday, February 14th, is officially Valentine's Day. I wanted to do something special for Stephanie so I decided that I would cook dinner instead of going out.

I made tequila lime shrimp and tilapia soft tacos with Spanish rice and a house salad. Valentine's day wouldn't be complete with fresh flowers and a half dozen chocolate covered strawberries for desert. I don't mean to brag, but I like to think that I did a decent job.

After dinner, Stephanie and I met up with her best friend Amy to go to one of Stephanie's favorite places in the world. A haunted house.

The Haunted House was called the St Valentine's Day Massacre, which was located in a hidden corner of a strip mall. To be honest, I am not one for haunted houses because I don't like to pay money for people to scare the living hell out of me, but this was one damn good haunted house.

The Haunted House seemed to take over at least two vacant store fronts and took at least 25 minutes to complete in its entirety.

Everything you expect to be in a haunted house was in full effect in this complex. People were jumping from the walls, ceilings, tombs and even a fake children's nursery.

Overall, it was a fantastic Valentine's Day and I may have some tricks up my sleeve for next year's February 14th.

No comments: