Sunday, October 18, 2009

U2 360* Tour at the Cowboy Stadium

The screen display with all members of U2 On Monday, October 12 I saw two things for the very first time. One of them was being able to see the band U2 and the second was going to see the brand new Cowboy Stadium that my taxes paid for.

Everyone knew that parking is outrageous at the new stadium. From what I have been told, parking at the stadium will cost 50 bucks while all of the restaurants around the stadium will charge only 40 bucks. We decided to park in Lincoln Square at the TGI Fridays because our friend Tril works there as a bartender and he could hook us up with some cheap drinks and some free parking. After some food and a 10 minute walk to the stadium, we were there.

The stadium was great. It was no surprise that so many people could fit in there. We also checked out where people would be if they hard the party passes. Those people don't get seats so they have to stand the whole time.

The concert started around 7:30 with the opening band Muse. I have seen them once before when the opened up for My Chemical Romance a couple of years ago in Houston. Muse was really good. They started their set by playing their new song "Uprising". They played for about 45 minutes to an hour. I was really surprised by how many of their songs I knew. When they were done with their set, everyone in the stadium was ready for U2 to come out and play.

Upclose with BonoU2 started their set about 20 minutes after Muse ended their portion of the show. They started out by playing "Breathe". They played alot of their famous songs along with a bunch of songs from their new album. The show lasted about 2 hours. Since it was my first show, I did not really have a clue on how they would perform. Some bands will play their songs just like it is played on the radio or Cd's while other bands try to redo the songs to make them sound better.

They played the majority of their songs like they are heard on the radio, but they did slow down a couple of their songs like "I Still Haven't Found What I Am Looking For" and it sounded a lot better I thought.

The display screen coming downOne thing that I really enjoyed about the concert was that U2 had a round stage and everyone in the stadium could have a good view of the show. Right above the stage, the band had screens that would show whatever what was happening on stage at that moment. During one part of the show, the screen came down and expanded to become hundreds of separate smaller screens.

This would probably have to be one of the top 10 favorite concerts that I have been to. I am also glad that I got a chance to see U2 because they have been around for so long, that you know that they are going to have one hell of a concert when they do come into town for a concert.

This is also the last of the concerts that I will be attending for awhile. It was also a great concert to end the concert run with. Click here for Muse's portion of the concert and here for U2's portion.

No comments: